Google My Business is a simple and free tool that can show your company or organization on Google pages.
If you enter the name of your company into the search engine and it does not show up on the maps, then you are losing traffic and users. It’s worth registering your company in Google My Business to get it displayed in the results.
In this article, we will consider in detail who exactly should use Google My Business, as well as how to optimize work with the service to achieve maximum results.
What is Google My Business and who needs it
Google My Business (GMB) is a completely free service from Google for simplifying the process of showing companies on maps, search results and other places on the web. This online directory allows you to find important information about businesses nearby, as well as post your business details.
Primarily, GMB is suitable for companies that have physical locations and offices. This could be a small coffee shop, an embassy, or larger companies.
GMB mostly benefits businesses that care about getting customers here and now. The same coffee shops, services, car washes, movie theaters, fitness clubs, theaters, hotels, gas stations, tattoo parlors and so on.
If you’re still not in Google My Business, then you run the risk of missing out on potential customers who could bring you profit every day. We recommend taking google my business optimization service and not missing out on this opportunity.
Benefits of Google My Business
Let’s take a look at the key benefits you get after you create and set up an account with Google My Business:
- The tool is completely free for all users.
- You can specify the opening hours of your business or establishment.
- You’ll get more organic traffic to your site and more live customers or buyers.
- Show customers reviews of your company, be open.
- Get an opportunity to claim your company online.
- Your company will be shown in Google services.
- You’ll be able to get ahead of competitors who have not yet registered their company in the directory.
- You will always have a possibility to change actual information about your company.
- You’ll be able to analyze attendance.
- Have a visual tour of your company for potential clients.
- Tell about your products and services to a large number of users for free.
These are just some of the benefits you get once you set up your Google My Business account. If you haven’t done it before, don’t hesitate to add your business now!
How to add your company to Google My Business
If your business isn’t listed, you’ll need to create an account. If you encounter during registration that someone has already registered an account for your business and it wasn’t your company, then you may be able to challenge the ownership of the account.
Here’s a simple algorithm for successfully creating an account:
- First, you need to create an email account on Gmail, which will be used to further register your account with the directory.
- Then open Google My Business, and enter the name of your business.
- Enter the physical address of your business.
- It is possible to specify several locations of your business at once.
- Next, choose one of the types of activities – basic and additional types.
- Provide a phone number and a link to the company website.
- Confirm the data. To do this, use the most convenient way out of those offered.
That’s all. As you have already noticed, the process is not complicated and takes very little time. So you should not put this action in a long box, and it is worth registering a company today. If you can not cope on their own, then you can ask the experts from marketing agencies to do it for you.
Tips for optimizing your Google My Business account
In order for your online promotion with Google my Business to be as effective as possible, we recommend that you adhere to the following recommendations:
- As much detail as possible fill in all possible fields of information about your company. Pay attention to phone number, office hours, photos of the office and website address. This information is paramount, the presence of which affects the perception of your site by potential customers.
- Do not forget to update the information, because it is very important that potential customers have access to truthful data. Agree that it is unpleasant to come in after hours. If you can not be reached or the photos on the network do not match reality, then you risk losing the trust of users, and with them the money.
- Add news about the company, motivate users to leave feedback, tell about promotions. You need to constantly add information, as constant updating will allow for better ranking in search results.
- Add products and detailed descriptions so customers know exactly what they want to buy or order from your company. Show the product with its face.
- Respond quickly and politely to customer reviews about you, so you can get even more traffic and live visitors.
- Follow Google’s recommendations for Google My Business to stay on trend at all times.
- Watch how your competitors fill out their profiles and try to fill out your account even better and in more detail, because the search engine prefers pages that are as full of useful content as possible. If you skip any of the features of the directory, then you will get less ranking than your competitors.
- Try to optimize your site for mobile devices, because they are the lion’s share of traffic from search engines for local companies.
These simple tips will help you reach the top and get more traffic and customers.
In this article we talked about what Google My Business is, who needs to use it and why, and how to add your company to the directory and optimize your account.
Placing information about your company in GMB will attract more target visitors, more traffic and, accordingly, more money.
You should make sure that the information in the directory is always up-to-date and corresponds to reality, as well as post real photos.
Promoting a local business with the help of the directory is absolutely free and an excellent option for those companies who do not have a large budget for paid promotion methods.
If you’re having trouble adding your company to the directory, contact the experts who will put all the information into Google My Business.
Who benefits from using Google My Business
Google My Business (GMB) is a universal online business directory. It is a free service that allows various organizations to create accounts and fill them with useful information about their activities.
After passing the verification process, the specified data is displayed in maps and searches. To have an account in GMB can:
- Businesses with offices and outlets where customers can come;
- Service organizations that offer services in the field;
- Seasonal businesses with permanent signage (e.g., summer restaurants that open in the spring and do not operate in the winter).
You can’t register with the GMB:
- online organizations – for example, if an online store doesn’t have an office or a real point of sale, you can’t get an account;
- Premises and buildings for sale or lease;
- companies that provide services in establishments owned by other organizations.
Without a doubt, registering in the directory will be most useful for local organizations that want to attract real customers through the search engine.
The information block from the GMB will rank higher than organic search results. There are tremendous benefits to promoting local businesses.
My Business can be used by:
- Car dealerships and service stations;
- shopping malls and cinemas;
- sports complexes and centers;
- notary and law offices;
- local stores, supermarkets, pharmacies;
- beauty industry establishments;
- medical facilities for people and animals, etc.
The GMB card will allow potential customers to know:
- geolocation and exact address;
- office hours;
- existing facilities (Wi-Fi, terminal, children’s area, etc.);
- The density of attendance on different days of the week and at different times;
- contact information;
- photos of the facility’s interior and exterior interiors;
- reviews of visitors and customers.